We are all well aware of such leaders in the eLearning authoring industry as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Lectora Inspire, and TechSmith Camtasia, but there are plenty of other eLearning authoring tools that can help you blaze a trail in the field. In this post, we’ll dwell on three very different tools worth giving a shot.
The award-winning eLearning authoring tool, boasting of top-notch clients, such as Google, Red Hat, Qualcomm, Cisco, Lawrence Berkley Lab, The Nature Conservancy, YMCA, and many others.
- Faster than other traditional authoring tools like Articulate Storyline (as based on three typical interactions built in both tools)
- Web link share feature allowing to publish eLearning to SmartBuilder hosting server
- Fully rearrangeable workspace
- Unique action block authoring (an object and an action block are added to the action statement directly on the page)
- Great variety of objects with the exceptional ones like Percent Gauge and Timer
- WYSIWYG text (text appears exactly as you author it on all browsers and devices)
The third generation of web based eLearning software based on the latest tools and techniques, produced by the company with the 20-year experience in eLearning authoring; listed among the best authoring tools by Fosway.
- Co-authoring feature allowing the user to collaborate on a course with any existing Easygenerator user or external person invited by email
- External Review which enables sending a request to review a course to any person, even if they don’t have Easygenerator account
- Exceptional publishing option like publishing and selling courses via Coggno, an online training marketplace and LMS
- Cross-device progress saving feature that allows taking a break and continuing from any device with an Internet connection
- Unique feature allowing users to embed the code from services like YouTube, Vimeo, One Drive, Dropbox, SoundCloud, and many others
The web-based tool for creating engaging eLearning content that is SCORM-compliant and can integrate seamlessly into any SCORM-compliant LMS system.
- Developed by the company actually engaged in instructional design and course development
- Pre-built courses tried and tested by thousands of users
- Free to try and remains free forever for up to 5 users
- One-click PPT to HTML5 Converter that lets convert PowerPoint while preserving all PowerPoint effects such as animations, pictures, and triggers ($9.99 a month, though)
Interested in the topic? Get to know more about working with traditional tools: