Whenever in the development team it comes to building interaction between software applications, creating an app for a web solution, or integrating back end services with the front end implementation – succinct and neat API documentation is of a tremendous value for all parties involved.
Make use of the resources below to develop effective API documentation and help your engineers disperse all uncertainties around the way of using a particular API.
Understanding what API is and what it is used for
- What APIs Are And Why They Are Important (high-level overview of what APIs are for beginners)
- The Basics of APIs (introductory course to the API)
- An Introduction to APIs
- What is a REST API?
- API types (APIs classification and types description)
Overview of API documentation
- How to Write Technical Documentation for APIs
- The Best API Documentation (practical recommendations from a software developer)
- 6 Tips for Documenting RESTful APIs
- REST/Web API Documentation Template (MS Word)
- The market for the REST API documentation
API documentation courses and tutorials
- The Art of API Documentation
- Learn API Technical Writing: JSON and XML for Writers
- Learn API Technical Writing 2: REST for Writers
- Documenting REST APIs